Thursday, March 27, 2008

Breif glimpse of glory - The Coorg story

A shroud of white cloud encapsulated the bus. The moist mountain breeze blew past the TUF glass window. A lazy push with my thumb created an opening large enough for me to indulge my five senses in brief and euphoric bliss. The wind whistled into my ears; the nose picked up the scent of drenched mud and floral fragrance; the mouth tasted the blandness of water; the eyes gazed upon treacherous slopes giving way to a panaroma of nature's masterpiece; the wet palm shivered, pale from the frigid maelstrom of water and wind. Yet the mind, the devil that it was, burned like fire. Ignited by a fiery combination of the great elemental forces (earth, fire, wind and water) of life itself. Nirvana, suddenly had become more than just a word! The sylvan landscape of Coorg, it seemed at least for now, had lived up to its reputation. My limbs and buttocks were numb from lazy lack of use. All the blood in my body seemed to blindly rushed into my head trying to feed a growing provocative beast, leaving precious little for the other parts of my material self. I was in a delusion, intoxicated by a prosaic albeit colorful setting. A land so alien and different to our usual environment.
My friend twirled around to question me for the astute silence which i had displayed for quite a significant portion of time now. I muttered a word or two about me enjoying the scenery around which suprisingly appeased her curiosity. The truth was that i was not in a position to give a lengthy descant. And all this while I had never taken my gaze off the blurring imagery outside. I suddenly had this impulsive desire to close my eyes. My head was spinning overheated by its own blaze. The lids grew heavy and i gave in to my primal urge. My consciousness slipped away slowly as my sub conscience took over. It felt good like i was being put to sleep by Gaia herself. And so ends my story only to pave way for a new one. The saga shall continue when i return again to this wonderful land. But for now a bleak reality lies waiting for its next victim........ :)

1 comment:

Ranjana said...

Superb!!! Except, you did not just say you were enjoying the scenery. If I remember right, what you said was "Shy is coming"!!!! :P